Classes and Events
Infant Massage Classes
I am a Certified Infant Massage Teacher and have been teaching these classes for more than nine years.
Here are some of of the ways in which massage is beneficial to infants, as well as to parents.
Benefits for Infants
• Touch is a primal need, and the first important mode of communication between a mother and her new baby.
• Nurturing touch communicates love, the main ingredient for physical and emotional growth and well-being.
• The one-on-one interaction promotes health on all levels - psychologically, emotionally, developmentally and physiologically.
• Infant Massage improves circulation, strengthens immunity, enhances neurological development, and stimulates digestion, providing relief of gas and colic.
• Infant Massage can also raise a baby's sense of self worth, which is tied to developing self-esteem.
Benefits for Parents
• Infant Massage is a pleasurable way of developing trust and intimacy with your baby and strengthening the bond between you. It also promotes a strong sense of confidence in parenting, because you can get a great deal of feedback from your baby.
• Through Infant Massage, you become more aware of how your baby communicates. You can discover their threshold for stimulation by watching their body language and noticing how they look and feel when they are tense or relaxed.
• Infant Massage can also provide parents (including fathers) with the benefits of relaxation, clam, and peace.
When: Monday's from 2:30 AM to 3:30 PM 4- week series each month
Where: Discover Yoga, 15744 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052
Sign Up Here: http://discoveryoga.com/series-and-events